The real WC begins now, as expected top 8 teams will fight it out for the 4 semi-final spots. Each game is a mouth watering and no cricket lover will miss it for anything.
Pakistan Vs West Indies
I expect Pakistan to win this one unless one of the sleeping player from WI decides to wake up and turn it on. Those players will be Gayle (destructive knock), Roach (exploding opening spell) or Darren Bravo, oh yes he is one hell of a talent, I have only seen him once but has convinced me that he has great potential, he is in the similar mold of Lara. He hasn't done anything yet but great players need a big stage hopefully he proves me right. If he gets going he is a real treat to the eye. WI had done similar thing in 1996 WC where Lara completely blew away unbeaten SA. Or completely wrong Pakistan team shows up on the field, the one we witness versus NZ. I think Pak should play Shoaib since he has nothing to prove to anybody and if he gets into his stride boy it will be curtains to WI and makes Pak chance of winning the cup very high. I think he still has it in him.
India Vs Australia
I am willing to stick my neck out and say that India will beat Aussies. Aussies haven't really been tested so far and I am yet to see their A game even in matches against minnows. I see them struggling against India, apart from Lee and Watson and till a certain extent Haddin nobody looks really threatening. Ponting is not really fluent and bears the burden of the team since he does not posses world class players he had in past WC. Clarke & Hussey too are struggling. Tait has not done much so far as well as Johnson. Their spinners are really mediocre against spin-fed strong Indian batsman. Bowling for India is still a problem but there are signs of improvement. Last game against WI doesn't reflect truly that we bowled great, it was more like WI losing the game rather than India truly winning it. There is talk about weak middle & lower order batting but I do not think there is anything to worry about apart from batting powerplay. No matter who the batsman is we screw up in the powerplay, I think it is mental problem here which I am sure will be sorted out. All the batsman so far have had good knocks apart from Dhoni, Pathan & Raina (had only one game). I expect Raina to play ahead of Pathan if Sehwag is playing which I am sure he is. Bowling line up will be same as the last game.
In all my guess is, it will be India vs Pakistan in Mohali, what game will it be.... Whats your guess let me know by polling on the right hand side of the page?
Pakistan Vs West Indies
I expect Pakistan to win this one unless one of the sleeping player from WI decides to wake up and turn it on. Those players will be Gayle (destructive knock), Roach (exploding opening spell) or Darren Bravo, oh yes he is one hell of a talent, I have only seen him once but has convinced me that he has great potential, he is in the similar mold of Lara. He hasn't done anything yet but great players need a big stage hopefully he proves me right. If he gets going he is a real treat to the eye. WI had done similar thing in 1996 WC where Lara completely blew away unbeaten SA. Or completely wrong Pakistan team shows up on the field, the one we witness versus NZ. I think Pak should play Shoaib since he has nothing to prove to anybody and if he gets into his stride boy it will be curtains to WI and makes Pak chance of winning the cup very high. I think he still has it in him.
India Vs Australia
I am willing to stick my neck out and say that India will beat Aussies. Aussies haven't really been tested so far and I am yet to see their A game even in matches against minnows. I see them struggling against India, apart from Lee and Watson and till a certain extent Haddin nobody looks really threatening. Ponting is not really fluent and bears the burden of the team since he does not posses world class players he had in past WC. Clarke & Hussey too are struggling. Tait has not done much so far as well as Johnson. Their spinners are really mediocre against spin-fed strong Indian batsman. Bowling for India is still a problem but there are signs of improvement. Last game against WI doesn't reflect truly that we bowled great, it was more like WI losing the game rather than India truly winning it. There is talk about weak middle & lower order batting but I do not think there is anything to worry about apart from batting powerplay. No matter who the batsman is we screw up in the powerplay, I think it is mental problem here which I am sure will be sorted out. All the batsman so far have had good knocks apart from Dhoni, Pathan & Raina (had only one game). I expect Raina to play ahead of Pathan if Sehwag is playing which I am sure he is. Bowling line up will be same as the last game.
In all my guess is, it will be India vs Pakistan in Mohali, what game will it be.... Whats your guess let me know by polling on the right hand side of the page?
Yeah. And this is what we really want the WC to be. None, mind you, none of the matches can be written off as one sided. None of the victories will be an upset victory. ICC has to promote the game and help it spread. But I think with the waning popularity of ODIs, they better keep only the top 8 for the WC...
ReplyDeleteComing to the QF draw; I want Pak to win if only for the Ind-Pak standoff at Mohali. We haven't ever met them in the SF, have we? What a match that will turn out to be, man, I can not imagine! Against Aussies, we have to bat first. Our chances of winning the match will reduce by a significant percent if Aussies bat first.
I think we should play Sreesanth in place of Munaf.
ReplyDeleteAnd no meddling with the batting order.
Pak has been pretty inconsistent, but they have match winners, as do West Indies.
I think the only one-sided QF will be between SL and Eng.
agree with Adi...Sreesanth should be picked ahead of Munaf (but I dont think that will happen). Also Raina ahead of Pathan...
ReplyDeleteNail biting few days ahead...
Yep, I do not see team risking Sreesanth but mind you he has done well against Aussies before (do not see it happening).
ReplyDeleteAdd Sleepless nights and sleepy work days to nail biting days ahead of us.