Monday, July 25, 2011

Movies

Of late I have watched a couple of really good movies which I thought I would share. Except for Friday evenings where I prefer a light movie (mindless comedy) I usually prefer watching movie with some substance to it. Here are few of them which I would recommend.

Amu (Konkana Sen)
This movie is about an NRI who returns to find her roots and uncover a secret and is linked to the 1984 Sikh riots which I knew very little about until I saw this movie. These riots were the reason why a Sikh journalist threw a shoe at P. Chidambaram seeking justice to the riots last year during a media meet.

The Lives of Others:
I had seen this movie long time back but is worth mentioning. This is a German movie set in 1980 when Germany was divided into two parts and focuses on life in communist East Germany side, their struggles and fight for freedom. This movie is a bit slow to start with but is really terrific.

Delhi Belly & Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara:
Well these two are not exactly intense or substance kind of movies but both are out and out comedies and different in their own way. Its really been a long time since I have seen two good bollywood releases back to back. Do not miss either one of them.

Fat Sick And Nearly Dead:
I just watched a documentary on Netflix and I had no idea what it was about. It was one of those time when you are working but still afford to have the movie played in the background but slowly I got hooked on to it. Movie's name is "Fat Sick And Nearly Dead", it is about one of the many ways of losing weight. Its by an Australian who realizes that he is over-weight and decides to go on juice fasting where he will only have juice of fresh fruits & vegetables. During his 60 day fast he comes across many Americans and hopes to inspire many to follow him. He does inspire one and the movie then focuses on this guy's journey.

I thought it is a well made movie, if you get a chance do not miss it.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

----------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to recommend movies in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. Add 2 more movies to it, which will be really good watches...Life in a day and I am Kalam...which for some reason has no release schedule yet in the bay area...:(

    ReplyDelete